classic home interior design

classic home interior design

(upbeat music) - so my house is ana-frame, a 1963 a-frame from a prefab kit. there's some kind of like amazing energy that you get from an a-frame. i don't know what it is,but it does just feel really relaxing and calming. there's so much wood and lightthat comes into the home. i work from home so itwas really important to me


that the energy of the homewas conducive to creating. i'm lucky to have my garageconverted into a studio where i can make some of my ceramics. i really like to do alot of things myself. so a lot of the stuff that yousee in the house i've made. my intention with theremodel of my home was to really keep thenatural original feeling of how it looked when ifirst bought the home. the kitchen i made from a galley kitchen


into a large full-sizedfunctioning kitchen. bright and friendly and ilove an open floor plan. i love being able to cookand talk to my friends while i'm making food. i was looking for gold and bronze accents instead of silver. i went on houzz and igot a lot of inspiration for all my door pulls and fixtures and little elements that beefed up


the design of my home. i like to describe my styleas biba meets big sur. biba was a lifestyle,makeup brand in the '60s and big sur is a beautifulearthy landscape in california. the challenge of havingan a-frame is there's just really no storage. and in the bedroom when i first moved in, it was a little bit awkward. we wanted to have a bathroom upstairs


so i didn't have to go downthe treacherous spiral stairs every time i needed to use the bathroom. so i decided to dormer outthe one side of the a-frame and put in a water closetand a nice big walk-in closet where i can shove everything. there's a clawfoot tub right in the middle of the a-frame big bay window. and i take a bath every day. it's a really wonderfuldreamy way to wake up.


in my home i do have central air and heat, but i actually get a lot of heat, i don't even ever turn on my heat because i use the gas stovethat's original to my home. it heats up my whole entire house. i really love brutalist art. there's a painting on the wall. it's a gold painting. it was actually a really easy diy.


i took some canvas andsome of the ceramic pieces that i make, and i useda little molding paste, and spray painted itgold, and that got a nice little brutalist effect in my home. southern california outdoorliving is really important. if you've got it, use it. once i was done inside, ispent so much time working on the outside, and nowhere near done. there's a little seating area outside


that i have like next to a totem garden. some cheap mattresses thati just cover with sheets and scotchguard and it's on its way. it really is like a true expression. if you could have aninanimate object be a symbol of my soul, this is my house. it's really nice to owna home where i can feel like i can be my true creative self.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: